QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR INFUSION CENTER?
The infusion team at CCHC is available at 252-639-2482, Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM.
INFUSION CENTER GUIDELINES:
The Infusion Department recognizes the unique needs of our infusion patients. We understand the desire to have family and friends present during treatment. However, there are times that visitors may be restricted at the discretion of our nursing staff. We will make every effort to be flexible with these guidelines:
- Because of possible infection risk, children under the age of 18 are not allowed in the infusion center.
- Please, no perfume, colognes, or fragrances.
- Infusion times are highly specialized and individualized, running from 30 minutes to over six hours.
- Bring a pen/pencil and paper to write down questions and their answers
- Book, magazines, e-readers, crossword puzzles, handiwork, such as kitting, crochet needlework, etc are welcome.
- Free Wi-Fi is available. We respectfully ask that you mute or use earphones with all electronic devices like Pads, laptop computers, cell phones, electronic games so they do not disturb other patients.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is personally easy to adjust in case you become overly warm or cool.
- Infusions are usually administered through an arm, so please wear clothing that is easy for the nurse to access.
- You may want to bring a small, personal blanket. The Infusion Department is kept on the cool side to decrease the chance of infection.
- Only documented service animals will be allowed in the infusion department. NO pets.
If you have any questions, please call the Infusion Department at 252-639-2482.
Thank you for your support following these guidelines.