Click on a ‘Question’ title in the list below to see the answer.
Which insurance companies does CCHC participate with?
CCHC participates with the following major insurance plans:
Aetna (Commercial Products)
Gateway HMO Medicare Advantage (Limited Participation by the following: CCHC Heart and Vascular Specialists; CCHC Southern Gastroenterology Associates; CCHC Imaging Center; Pulmonology; Rheumatology; Endocrinology, CCHC Endoscopy Center; Neurology; and CCHC Sleep Center)
How do I pay my bill online?
Patients will need to register for the CCHC FMH patient portal in order to view statements and pay their bill online. You can register here or by asking for a registration invitation at the front reception desk at any CCHC practice. Once connected to CCHC, you will be able to pay your bill online.
I have questions regarding the CCHC FMH patient portal. Who do I ask for assistance during and after regular business hours?
I have questions about my account, who do I contact?
Please call our Central Billing Office at (252) 514-2061. When calling, please have your account number, office location, physician’s name, and copies of your insurance cards available so that we will be better able to assist you.If my CCHC provider does not participate in my insurance plan, how can I get CCHC to accept my insurance? CCHC participates with several major insurance plans that provide health insurance coverage. CCHC does not contract with insurance carriers on an individual basis. CCHC evaluates insurance plans based on their customer service, reliability, reimbursement rates, enrollment, claims processing abilities and responsiveness.
If CCHC files a claim with my insurance company that is not covered, can CCHC change the insurance billing code so it is covered?
If CCHC makes an error filing an insurance claim, we will correct the error and re-file the claim. However, to change an insurance billing code just to get your insurance to pay the claim is fraud; we will not do that. CCHC files insurance claims using “Current Procedural Terminology”, which is published by the American Medical Association and is used by all insurance carriers to pay claims. It is very important that patients understand what services are not covered under their insurance. This is especially important for patients seeking preventive, annual physical examinations, and screening services, which may not be covered by Medicare and other insurance plans.
Why am I receiving a bill when I have insurance?
Each insurance company and each plan has different coverage options. For information on what is covered and what is not covered, please contact your human resource person or your insurance company. You may be billed for all non-covered services.
You are responsible for copays, deductibles, and coinsurance outlined on your insurance card and in your plan document. You may receive a bill for these amounts if payment was not collected at the time of service. If you feel your insurance has not paid a claim correctly, please contact your insurance company. If you have additional questions after talking with your insurance company about your claim, please call our Central Billing Office at (252) 514-2061 for assistance.
What is the difference between a copay, coinsurance and deductible?
Copay is a set amount you pay at each office visit. Copay’s can vary depending on the physician’s specialty and type of care, such as Urgent Care.
Coinsurance is the percentage of covered expenses you must pay in addition to the deductible. For example, your plan document details that the insurance will pay 80% of all covered services after your deductible has been paid. You would then be responsible for the remaining 20% as coinsurance.
A deductible is the initial dollar amount you must pay out-of-pocket before an insurance company pays its portion. Deductibles vary and patients may have more than one deductible to meet per year.
Who can I talk to about making payment arrangements?
Please contact our Central Billing Office at (252) 514-2061. They will be happy to assist you in setting up payment arrangements.
Why do I have a credit balance when I have Tricare for Life?
When Tricare for Life was first implemented, Tricare did not have a record of the patients with additional insurance coverage. If you are continuing to see a credit on your account, please contact Tricare’s DEERS at 1-800-538-9552. If you inform Tricare of all of your insurance coverage, they will correct the problem.
Contact Coastal Carolina Health Care, P.A.
1020 Medical Park Ave.
New Bern, North Carolina 28562
Post Office Box:
P.O. Box 12248
New Bern, NC 28561
T: 252-514-6685 | 252-514-2061