CCHC Urgent Care is taking precautions to keep everyone safe and protected from possible exposure to COVID-19 during their visit. The wellbeing of our patients, visitors, and staff remains our top priority. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this challenging time and make a few changes to serve you better:
- CCHC Urgent Care is not currently performing asymptomatic exposure testing for COVID-19. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have made this decision for two main reasons. Currently, there are limited to no available therapies for the prevention of COVID-19 infection other than vaccination. Secondly, correct testing requires a narrow timeframe for accurate results and our urgent care is not equipped to ensure this happens every time. We assess our approach to COVID-19 testing and therapies on a daily basis, and will relax this restriction when it is clinically appropriate.
- You will be greeted at the door by a patient services representative. All patients will have their temperature taken and will be required to wear a mask.
- To limit contact, you may be asked to wait for your appointment in your car after you check in. We will call you in when your provider is ready to see you.
- A portion or all of your visit may be done virtually from your car. Virtual visits not only limit contact for your and our staff, but also allow us to conserve medical supplies.
- We have a no visitor policy unless required for disability, medical condition, or for translation purposes.
In order to help you and your family spend less time in the waiting room, CCHC Urgent Care is pleased to announce that there are now THREE CONVENIENT WAYS to access care at CCHC Urgent Care:
- Online check-in: Just choose the time that is convenient for you and we will hold your spot in line.
- CALL AHEAD: Please call 252.638.CARE (2273). You will be given an arrival time to check in at the front desk.
- Walk-in: Walk-ins are welcome anytime during business hours: If the estimated wait time is over 45 minutes, you will have the option to leave and come back at a later time.
If you CHECK IN ONLINE or CALL AHEAD, you’ll receive a text message reminder shortly before you are scheduled to arrive.