Coastal Carolina Quality Care in New Bern ranked first in the nation for quality performance as a Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) Accountable Care Organization (ACO) in 2016. Coastal Carolina had an overall quality score of 96.19%, while Physicians Healthcare Collaborative, the ACO associated with Wilmington Health, ranked 15th nationally with an overall quality score of 90.82%.Other North Carolina MSSP ACOs fared well with eight placing in the top 100 in the nation. The others after Coastal Carolina and Wilmington Health are:*
- Pinehurst Accountable Care Network, ranked 22nd with an overall quality score of 90.26%.
- Tar River Health Alliance in Rocky Mount, ranked 28th with a quality score of 89.73%.
- Mission Health Partners in Asheville, ranked 35th with a quality score of 89.39%.
- Cornerstone Health Enablement Strategic Solutions (CHESS) based in High Point, ranked 49th with a quality score of 88.72%.
- CaroMont ACO based in Gastonia, ranked 73rd with a quality score of 87.77%.
- Physician Quality Partners, associated with New Hanover Regional Medical Center, ranked 81st with a quality score of 87.3%.